Computer Science and Engineering Departmentwas started in the year 1985 with a current intake is 180. The department is supported by well qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
Apart from the regular academic work, the department organizes guest lectures inviting expert speakers from industry and other reputed academic institutions.
To make learning process exciting, stimulating and interesting.
To impart adequate fundamental knowledge and soft skills to students.
To expose students to advanced computer technologies in order to excel in engineering practices by bringing out the creativity in students.
To develop economically feasible and socially acceptable software.
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Core Competence – To equip students with sound knowledge of basic science and technology to solve computer engineering problems.
Erudite Academia – To provide students with a learning environment to excel in academics, professional career, R&D and promote them towards higher education by adapting to rapidly changing technologies.
Skill Development – To imbibe students with confidence by organizing or participating in fests, certifications to achieve inter-personal, employable, entrepreneur and leadership skills.
Social and Professional Responsibility – To inculcate students with the need for societal contributions by following ethical practices as a part of lifelong learning.
(A) PROGRAM OUTCOMES(POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principle and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
(B) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- System development: an ability to analyze a problem, design the algorithm and optimally code its solution.
- System deployment: an ability to identify & define computing requirements to test, implement and maintain a software product.
The BE (CSE) course of the Department is Provisionally Accredited by National Board of Accreditation for two years with effect from 8th Nov 2013.