Mechanical Engineering Department
|List of Publications||Our Distinguished Alumni|
|List of Guest Lectures||B.E. Previous Question Papers|
|Annual Reports||View department video|
|ME (CAD/CAM) COs||Akshay Ganesha-2018|
|All India 10th Rank in SAE BAJA-2019||NBA SAR|
The department offers two under graduate programmes, B.E in Mechanical Engineering, B.E in Automobile Engineering with an intake of 120 and 60 seats respectively and one Post Graduate Programme, M.E. with specialization in CAD/CAM with an intake of 18 seats.The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1981 at the time of inception of MVSREC.
From the academic year 2017-18, B.E.(Automobile Engineering) program is offered by the Department of Automobile Engineering.
NBA: The BE (Mechanical Engineering) program of the department has been provisionally accredited by the National Board Accreditation in 2002, 2007, 2013 and 2018 consistently.
To impart education of highest standards that will prepare students for productive careers as competent professionals in Mechanical Engineering, and for higher studies and research.
The department strives to provide the engineering foundation as well as professional, innovative and leadership skills to the students through the following activities:
M1. To lay sound foundation in mechanical and allied engineering areas
M2. To provide a supportive ambience that makes learning joyful and stimulating
M3. To design and develop engineering systems to meet specific needs.
M4. To encourage creativity, and develop communication and entrepreneurial skills
M5. To make aware of societal and professional responsibilities and ethics; and the need for life-long learning
M6. To address contemporary problems of industry and to advance research
Program Educational Objectives of B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
Mechanical Engineering is a broad discipline that incorporates skills and expertise in the areas which are essential to most sectors of industry.
Bachelor’s program in Mechanical Engineering is aimed at preparing graduates who will -
PEO1: Have the technical competency to generate innovative solutions to engineering problems.
PEO2: Be successful professionals, independently or in multidisciplinary teams, displaying due professional, and societal responsibilities.
PEO3: Continuously enhance their skills and advance in their careers through training, professional practices and / or pursuit of higher education or research
Program Educational Objectives of M.E. (CAD/CAM)
The postgraduate M.E.(CAD/CAM) program offered by the department in Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing, is aimed at preparing postgraduates who will -
PEO-1: Establish themselves as successful professionals while working independently or in multidisciplinary teams demonstrating professional, ethical and societal responsibilities
PEO-2: Have high levels of technical competency in computer-aided design and manufacturing to generate innovative solutions to complex engineering problems
PEO-3: Conduct research and development in mechanical and allied disciplines to meet challenges in the advancement of technology.
PEO-4: Advance in their careers through attainment of leadership positions, while continuously enhancing their skills through professional practices, pursuing doctoral programs and research.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Research Potential: Usage of advanced software packages commonly used in industry for modeling, assembly and to carry out multiphysics analysis.
- Competent areas: Design and build components and systems related to mechanical and allied disciplines, using various manufacturing methods.