Our College has been working closely with following professional bodies, click on the icons below to know more.
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935.
|IEI Institutional Life Membership|
|The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860.||ISTE Institutional Life Membership|
|The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers is India's leading recognized professional society devoted to the advancement of science, technology, electronics, telecommunication and information technology.||IETE Institutional Life Membership|
|The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is a professional association for electronic engineering and electrical engineering with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey.|
|Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 72 chapters across India, 511 student branches, and 100,000 members.|
|The Association for Computing Machinery is a US-based international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947, and is the world's largest scientific and educational computing society. The ACM is a non-profit professional membership group, claiming nearly 100,000 student and professional members as of 2019.|
|The Indian Institute of Welding (IIW-India) is a professional body devoted to the cause of promotion and advancement of welding science and technology in India. Established in the year 1966, with its registered office at Kolkata, it has 13(Thirteen) Branches and 2(Two) Centres located all over India.|
|The Society of Instrumentation professionals was established in the year 1970, with head quarters at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Today it has six chapters at Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Dehradun,Pune and cochin. It strives to act as a link between academic institutions and the instrumentation industry, by organising several programs. It also conducts programs for students and working professionals in the form of short term courses, symposia and topical reviews.||ISOI Institutional Life Membership|
|SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member-driven society of mobility practitioners, the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students|
Since its inception in 1964, the Hyderabad Management Association has continuously evolved to represent the interests of Management Professionals in the state of Telangana. HMA is affiliated to the All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi. The Vision of HMA is “Achieving Progress and Enriching Society through Professional Management.
|T-Hub is startup incubator headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. T-Hub is a Public - Private Partnership between the Government of Telangana, three of India’s leading academic institutes (The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad and The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad) and the private sector.||Letter of Membership Allotment (LMA)|
Benefits of joining a professional body -
In MVSR, we have numerous professional bodies. Students have their freedom in joining any number of professional body.
It is important that you join professional bodies relating to your field and be active in the engineering professional bodies up to date information and communication in the area of competence.
Students can draw a lot of benefits in being active in the professional bodies
Below are five of the many benefits you get by joining a professional body:-
1. Recognition: When you become a member of your professional body, you become truly recognised as a qualified professional in your field and that you are a member with professional qualifications. If you cannot be endorsed by your professional body, what would make others believe that you belong to that profession?
2. Continuous professional development: Most professional bodies conduct training sessions from time to time and they offer discounted fees to their members. By joining your professional body, you will directly enjoy this benefit. This will greatly enrich your CV, make you current and relevant in competences and skills and you will be ahead of your peers in your profession.
3. Leadership development: When you become a member of your professional body, you have the opportunity to volunteer towards helping organise their events and conferences, towards membership development and so on. You can join some of their sub-committees and eventually compete for roles on their main committee or the council. This gives you a unique chance to develop team work and leadership skills which are vital for your professional development and greatly enrich your CV, especially early into your career. You may not be a manager at your office, but your being active at the professional body may give you good exposure to management and leadership which in turn can help you accelerate your promotion into management at work, for example.
4. Network: Being a member of your professional body gives you a great opportunity to network with numerous people in your profession. This is one of the easiest ways to quickly and greatly expand the reach of your networking. We have discussed the benefits of networking numerous times under the Rise and Shine column.
5. Opportunities: Professional bodies broadcast many relevant opportunities to their members including opportunities for recruitment, consultancies, professional development and so on. Why not enjoy this benefit as a bonus when you become a member of your professional body? If you are not a member of your professional body, you will miss out on so many amazing opportunities unlike your peers who are members of your professional body.
Above are the discussed five of the many benefits of joining a professional body. In engineering this is your time to become even more active and to actively pursue the benefits listed above. Reach out to your professional body and get the membership registration forms and become one today.
Do not procrastinate, do not wait for tomorrow join as soon as possible!! Good luck as you rise and shine with and through your professional body!!